"The New Normal"
Dear friends, colleagues, and patients,
I hope all of you have stayed safe and healthy during the past few months. Our staff and I have been making significant changes to our Surgical Centres protocols to keep all of us safe during appointments. You will be informed of these changes and asked specific questions to ensure safety for yourselves and our staff.
To help assure and to give you peace of mind, our Surgical Centre will be following a comprehensive protocol based on science and a combination of guidelines from several provinces in Canada as well as the Centre of Disease Control, and the American Dental Association. We understand that this is a difficult time for many of us and we want to make this transition as seamless and safe as possible.
Our Surgical Centre will be implementing these modified protocols to protect our patients and staff.
1. Use of appropriate PPE-Personal Protective Equipment for both patient and staff/doctor.
2. Minimum Level 2/3 Surgical Masks/Fitted N95 Respirators/Fitted P100/Fitted Half Mask Respirators with P100 Filters/Fitted Full Mask Respirators
3. Appropriate Donning and Doffing of PPE in a separate surgical suite with Full Surgical Scrub and the use of both Reusable/Disposable Surgical Gowns
4. UV-C Light Sterilization for each appointment on removable equipment-Safety Goggles for Patients and Staff, Blood P2 Cuffs, O2 Saturation Finger Device, light handles, etc.
5. Air Purification with UV-C / Medical Air Scavenging Units in all Surgical Suites/ Addition of Negative Pressure Surgical Suites.
6. Patient monitoring with Infared Temperature, Oxygen Saturation Monitoring, and Blood Pressure Monitoring pre/ post surgery.
7. Three Phase Sterilization of all surgical and non surgical instruments.
8. Three Level Pre-procedural rinse with CHX, 40% Betadyne Throat Spray, and 10% Betadyne Topical Scrub
9. Safety Plexiglass Protection, Sterilized Pens/Clipboard per patient, and Multiple Hand Sanitizer stations at Reception and Surgical Suite Areas.
10. Surgical Electric Handpieces will be utilized for Surgical, Prosthetic, and Hygienic procedures
11. Post Surgical Patient Packs along with appropriate prescriptions, post-operative, and dietary recommendations.
***When you arrive at the Surgical Centre, you will be greeted by our staff and asked to follow these precautionary steps to ensure your safety and other patients and staff. For your scheduled appointment time, please be on time, not early or late as we are spacing our appointments to avoid having multiple patients in our office at one time. In addition, please wear a mask/face covering when entering the office. If you don't have a mask or face covering, we will provide one for you.
1. Triage with Medical History update and Infared Temperature will be taken upon entry
2. Hand Sanitizing stations will be available at the entry area-You are required to sanitize your hands and a pair of disposable gloves is also available
3. After completion and reviewing your treatment plan, medical history, travel history, and signing the consent to treatment forms, you will be admitted to the treatment area.
4. Blood Pressure, Oxygen Saturation Monitoring, and Pre-medication along with 3 level Pre-procedural rinses to be administered.
5. Full Sterile Scrub technique and Patient Drape for Surgical Procedures.
6. Patient Care Packs, Prescriptions, Post Surgical Instructions, and Dietary Recommendations will be reviewed and given.
The Pacific Periodontal and Implant Surgical Centre have implemented these protocols to help insure safety for you and our staff. We believe that going beyond the accepted guidelines will help keep all of us safe during this pandemic. Thank you so much for your patience and appreciate your feedback in creating a safer environment for everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon!